We are committed to ensure that the council enrolment website is accessible to all authorized users irrespective of device in use, technology or ability. It has been built, with an aim, to provide maximum accessibility and usability to its visitors.
We have put in our best efforts to ensure that all information on this Portal is accessible to people with disabilities. For example, a user with visual disability can access this Portal using assistive technologies, such as screen readers and magnifiers.
We also aim to be standards compliant and follow principles of usability and universal design, which should help all visitors of this Portal.
Our web site makes use of industry-standard techniques and best practices to provide the highest possible level of web site accessibility for our users. These include
- Link text or phrases have been rewritten to make sense when read out loud by a screen reader.
- All font-sizes found on our web site use relative units of measurement. This makes scaling the font-size of our web site easier and more consistent.
- In cases where tables have been used to present data, we've added controls for screen readers to access so they can properly communicate the information contained within back to the user.
- Cascading Style Sheets (or CSS) have been used to control the look and feel of our web site. If your browser is unable to use style sheets, the information within our site will still be accessible to the user.
- We've created relationships with all online form controls with their labels to help out users with limited dexterity and/or visual disabilities.
Information related to the various screen readers